crawling

my daughter will get up on all fours with help and stay there. she looks around but she doesnt know she can crawl...should i leave her be ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Leave her be, it takes time. Even after being able to get up on all fours my daughter did not crawl for another couple weeks. They have to figure out how to move their hands and whatnot...but it will not hurt for you to get on the floor and show her how, or if you know another baby that does crawl, have them be around eachother, that really helped my daughter figure it out.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:12 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yep. She'll figure it out! Give her some time, and remember, not all kids crawl, even, so don't be discouraged if she doesn't. It won't affect her development in the long term.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• She'll figure it out soon enough. Next she'll probably start rocking back and forth like she's revving up, it's super cute! When she's ready, you'll definitely know!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2008