I have a DC. Appoitment 2maro and im 38 weeks my mucus plug came out if she does my exam can she brake my water?I kinda of want her to I'm in so much pain I can bearly walk I'm mostly stuck in bed I'm just sooo tired.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Your doctor will only break your water if you are in the hospital. They do not do this in the office.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:22 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• They will only break your water if they need you to deliver, and the baby has to be low enough, so that the cord doesn't end up between the cervix and the baby's head.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• If she breaks your water and your baby isn't ready, then you won't go into labor and will end up with a c-section and most likely a baby that is born too early.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I would wait it out. Asking your Dr to break your water is asking for an induction and possibly a c-section. They will only "let" you go so long without slicing you open after they break your water. Think your in pain now... wait until you havw to heal from major abdominal surgery.....

Go get a massage and try to enjy these last few weeks!
    LanieBug707

Answer by LanieBug707 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 30, 2008