What can I feed my 10 month old?

My daughter is 10 mos old & has been introduced to table food. She likes some things & will feed herself but she doesn't always get much in her mouth, or like very many things & I end up feeding her baby food to fill her up. Her father & I also have busy schedules & often are in a hurry to get her fed, so lately we have been resorting back to just baby food & yogurt because she likes it & we know she is getting the nutrition she needs. I know we need to start being consistent with feeding her more solids & table food but we rarely have time to make meals for ourselves that are well-balanced in order to give her what we are eating. Please help, I need suggestions because I am getting worried that she is behind with her eating!

Vivysmama

Asked by Vivysmama at 12:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Buy the Gerber Graduate meals. They are preservative free and you microwave them for 30 seconds. They are like mini tv dinners. That is what I would buy for my dd when my grandmother babysat her just in case she didn't feel like cooking a meal.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Let her sit in her high chair and snack on things like crackers and finger foods while you are preparing dinner. Or, while you are eating, pull her high chair next to you and let her have a few small pieces of what you are eating. Then, after she has had a little bit of time to work on it herself, you can feed her the food that you know has the nutrition that she needs.
    There are a lot of "transitional" foods at the grocery store in the baby food section. But, you don't always need to spend the extra money. It just makes it a little easier and quicker..lol! ~~ Small chunks of fruit for her to pick up, shredded cheeses, thin crusts of bread, peas and corn, pasta, cut up chicken nuggets and/or fish sticks, lunch meats, baby meat sticks, saltine crackers, even half of a frozen gogurt, are all things that she should be able to handle now, or soon anyway.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:39 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Cook a weeks worth of meals when you are home and freeze them in single portions...for her and for you!!! Then it's a matter of taking them out at the beginning of the day and your meal is thawed by suppertime!

The crockpot is your friend! Toss in meat and some vegetables and put it on low. SUPPER!

She can eat anything she's been tried on (checked for sensitivities) and anything you're eating. I don't know that she's "behind". I know some toddlers who aren't eating table food yet!

Consider her serving to be about 1/4 of an adult serving, dice it up and put it on her plate. Introduce a spoon or fork (when you're not in a rush lol) and let her start practicing with those, too. Don't feed her baby food to fill her up....feed her table food to fill her up. There's nothing wrong with letting her self feed for a bit and you helping her at the same time. She needs to practice.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:28 AM on Dec. 30, 2008