Help w/ a non sleeping 2 yr old @ night....

Ok mamas, I really need some help. Aiden (2 yo) has been goin thru this "clingy cryin" before bed and all night kick for the past week or so. Its drivin me crazy...Im a wreck!
I just dont know what to do anymore. He's really startin to get the best of me! I plan on goin back to school/work soon and this aint gon cut it when I do. I cant sleep with him in our bed b/c he sleeps crazy and Im a light sleeper. I really need some advice mamas *LONG SIGH* Help!

BTW...we do have a routine before he goes down, but he just starts actin out to the point that he's not controllable.

AiDeNsMoM3806

Asked by AiDeNsMoM3806 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My advice would be to just put him in his room and leave him there..if he gets up put him back. You might have to suffer through it for a few nights till he gets the hint but he eventually will. Good Luck I know how hard it is Ive dealt with that very problem with 2 out of 3 kids. lol
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• You should try to read a story to him at night a nice little healthy snack that's what I do for my 2yo
    leandra20

Answer by leandra20 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Don't fight, don't argue, don't try to reason or explain. Bedtime is bedtime, end of discussion.
    Tuck him into bed, kiss him goodnight, and leave. When he gets out of bed, put him back - without saying a word. Don't scold, don't remind... just silently pick him up and put him back in bed. The first night might take DOZENS and DOZENS of return to bed trips. But it will get better quickly.
    In the morning, praise him for sleeping in his bed.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• When Sierra does that kind of stuff, I tell her Mommy and Daddy are going to lay down for night-night too, and she usually accepts that answer and calms down.
    candi_jo

Answer by candi_jo at 3:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2008