how can i put my baby in her crib and sleep?

dabin

Asked by dabin at 12:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Swaddle her really tight.
    Turn on some background noise.
    Make sure it's not too warm or too cold in her room.
    If you are holding her when she falls asleep, check to see if her arm flops when you pick it up after she's out. Then you will know she is ready.
    If she wakes when you put her down, rock her softly and talk in really sweet, soothing, hushed tones until she's back to sleep.
    If she's old enough, try putting her on her tummy. Some babies sleep better that way, but be careful!
    Research and decide if you agree with crying it out. I'm on the fence, but I think a small amount is necessary for them to learn.
    Good Luck Momma!!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:46 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Learn what? Babies need to be close; in any case the AAP doesn't advise attempting CIO until they are at least six months old. I tried all those tricks with my first, but nothing worked until I learned to nurse laying down; I slept on the couch holding him for three months. With my second I had a nursing nest and was able to nurse her without getting up; she only woke me up twice her first night.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 1:02 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Get a mobile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Patience patience patience. AShe's priogrammed to be next to you; putting her into her bed is going against that instinct so she's going to resist. And really,t here's no reason OT to go along with instinct. they ALL learn to sleep on their own, and they learn it better if parents don't push for it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• my daughter was sleeping in her crib at 2 months. She resisted for a bit ( a week actually) but, tough it out. My husband and I are a lot better off for doing it early. She is 6 months now and I am 3 months prego with my second... Hmmm... Maybe her sleeping at our side was good birth control...:) Try getting a mobile. They are dead useful. If you still worry, you can get one of those baby positioners that go underneath them. They are not tight but they are snugged up in them. Sometimes babies feel that is like security to them. you can do the same thing with a recieving blankie. Also, for an extra peace of mind. Get a baby monitor that you can carry around if you need to step out of the room to have a mommy minute!!! Hope this helps.
    madalynsmom2008

Answer by madalynsmom2008 at 7:14 AM on Dec. 30, 2008