Definitely TMI ???

I am too young to be going through menopause, this condition has just suddenly happened to me. Vaginal dryness!!! YIKES! I have always been ready to go and all of a sudden even if aroused its like barely moist? What the heck is going on, I just turned 31. This time last year I was like a freakin faucet. Is this normal? am I sick? will I go back to normal? I am sooo freaked out about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I would make an appointment for your OBGYN just go get checked out it could be a bladder or UTI being the cause of it. There is such a thing as early menopause. It's rare but some women do go hrough it early. I had a friend at 24 start her menopause.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• When women hit their 30's estrogen will begin to drop. It can just be a hormonal change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• normal stuff dear-I am not saying it is menopause but it could be pre-menopause. 31 is not too young for it, depending on mom's history.Buy some good oil based lubricant-the water based stuff doesn't work as well, and don't worry.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It's common once you get past your 30's and you start to become less fertile. Also, pay attention to where you are in your cycle. I tend to be much dryer right after my period. And more wet when during the 2nd/3rd week after my period, around the time I am ovulating. Women are more wet when fertile, we give off a scent like most mammals and are also hornier during this time. It's all human nature.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'm with the one that said to go see your ob/gyn just to rule everything out. Pregnancy/nursing causes dryness as well as countless other factors so I'd just have it checked out.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Well im pregnant so im having the same thing...... but its all about hormones!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:11 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• You are too young for menopause but maybe your hormones are out of wack. See you GYN doctor and find out what the cause is. In the meantime, try a product called Replens and use a personal lubricant.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Well obviously you are a mom, when was your last child born? Are you on birth control? I have had that problem before and still do at times, the doctor told me that the most common cause is hormone changes. It could be from having a baby or a change in birth control, but it is normal. If you are really concerned see a doctor about it, but it is probably just your body going through a hormonal change.
    4Nalon

Answer by 4Nalon at 8:24 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Well I'm 26 and have been having this problem too. My doctor said nothing was wrong with me and that I should try more 4 play. We did and i might feel some wetness but when i touch to check nothing. I don't know either.
    Anonymous