isomnia

Hey ladies well heres the deal my DH is deployed and any time I go a few days without hearing from him I get insomnia really bad. Recently I went 4 days on 13 hours of sleep and I am one of those people who needs a solid 8 hours. I don't want to take any sleeping medication becuase I am really sensitive to meds like that and I have to be able to get up if the kiddos need me. So any home remedies I have tried drinking a beer or two, working out, a boring book and a long bath. HELP between the kids work and volunteering committments I need my rest

mosarmywife

Asked by mosarmywife at 12:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Health

• Try one of the Celestrial Seasonings Tea's called "Sleepy Time Tea" It is made with Chamomille and just really helps you unwind, paired up with a good book I am asleep pretty quick :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:59 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• ok first of all if u are worried about being sensitive to meds and not being able to get up for kids-lay off the beer. that can make some people more out of it than the meds. talk w/doc about meds that help u fall asleep but do not time release so u feel sleepy but are not knocked out.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:03 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• One tip for insomnia I learned, make your bedroom your sleeping place only! Don't watch tv, eat, read, play on the computer, etc. It may take some time, but eventually your body will recognize the bed and bedroom as the place to relax and go to sleep. Make your bedroom as peaceful as possible, I use a sound machine at night, light an aromatherapy incense, if I can't sleep I get up and go to another room.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• as far as the beer thing goes I only have one or two and I don't have the same problems with not being able to wake up as I do with meds unless I get out and out drunk which I dont when its just me and the monsters. Tomorrow I am going to work on clearing all the stuff out of my bedroom and try to make it more relaxing.
    mosarmywife

Answer by mosarmywife at 12:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2008