SAHM monthly income *EDIT

I know this is probably rude to ask but I really would like to know because I would love to stay home. What is your monthly income and are you on any assistance

I appreciate it ladies I ask because on one income we would make about 1500 a month. I'm pretty amazing with a budget but I don't want to sink us.

Mudfishzgirl

Asked by Mudfishzgirl at 6:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• Our monthly income is about $6500, no assistance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2011

• No assistance...my husband makes about 4500 a month and I work from home and make more than minimum wage.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 6:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2011

• 30,000 the kids are on medicaid through the state not federal and we live in a 'low income housing' apt not section 8. We were on food stamps for 4 months but are now off. I could get WIC but I have no applied.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2011

• anon form above: It is HARD but doable. It means sacrifices. Not all families can do it but if you look hard enough and you are willing to give up a previous life style it is doable for a lot of families.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2011

• I won't say what ours is, but we aren't on any assistance.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2011

• our monthly income is about 3500 and only on medical through the state that we pay a premium for, and only get that for having small kids and his job offers no medical we pay 250.00 a month for it through the state
    Alcnic29

Answer by Alcnic29 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2011

• 1500 a month would be tough. You would have to look into low income housing options for one. You would not want to pay more than about 600 a month on rent. You would have to cut things like cable, no cell phones, maybe one car, meal planning... You might be able to pull it off but it depends on where you are and what kind of a situation you are in now. If you are already cutting corners then it may not be doable for you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2011

• 7000 a month take home and we are not on assistance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2011

• $1800/mo and not on any type of public assistance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2011

• when I was a SAHM  we made about $1100/month,we are a family of 3. Having a special needs son and disabled DH we are  getting food stamps/insurance thru state. We went without many things including cable,internet, home phone,car, ...

I am working PT now but my income does not put us over the top, we still get benefits. Work has  enabled us to treat  ourself to cable which includes internet

RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 6:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2011