hospital Question

When did you ladies go get registered at the hospital you planned on giving birth at. I am 24 weeks and was concidering doing this sometime next month to insure that I have a priviate room after I have the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't know about other hospitals, but the one I work at won't let you register more than 30 days in advance for anything, even if you have an appointment (such as for a surgery, x-ray, etc.)

We just did it all when we got there. It was no biggie, and I still had a private room.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I never new they had it where you could do that. I nevere did it with either of my kids!
    mommychas

Answer by mommychas at 1:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Didnt need to i live in Jackson Ohio and had my daughter in Gallipolis Ohio and didnt share a room none of the women did well execpt for with my husband it was great even had a King size bed
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:24 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It won't insure anything by registering early... all it does really is save the hassel of paper work for the dad seeings as you probably wont want to do it while having contractions. The rooms work like this... Be the one there at the right time. I just happened to get the room I wanted... it had a queen bed so my bf and I could sleep together... because the lady who had it before me left the day I came in, and no one else was there so I got dips! But at the hospital here I think they only have private rooms in the birthing area... They just only had one with a queen size bed.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 1:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i never had to worry about sharing a room and truth be told i didn't turn in my papers until the day i went in
    tasha080808

Answer by tasha080808 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I registered with the two that I had in the hospital, but that was just to avoid paperwork. I went to two different hospitals, and they only had private rooms in the maternity ward.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 2:05 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• my dr told me to do it whenever to avoid having to sit there and fill out papers while in labor lol.
    i did mine like 2 weeks ago around 30 weeks.

but he told me to do it at about 22 weeks i just put it off.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• All registering does is give the hospital in advance your med insurance. It doesn't reserve a room because they can't say on this day you will have a baby. when I did it I just gave them consent to bill insurance. I still had to sign the consent to treat form the day I gave birth, tell them any allergies (which were in my records anyway) and all other info. It's really just one less batch of papers to sign and there are a lot to sign.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 3:06 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i wasnt told to do it until i was 32 weeks.. but it wont ensure a private room, you have to ask for one when you go into l & d and they put you on a list(first come, first serve) for one
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 3:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• We did the preregistration paperwork when I was about 7 months, then there was more when we got there.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:49 AM on Dec. 30, 2008