Time to quit being selfish

Im 4 months and finally just quit smoking today. I've been going down and down each month since I found out I was pregnant. Doctor had told me to not try to quit suddenly becuz it could put more stress on the baby and be more harmful then quitting all together at one time. For those who have quit...what did you replace your cigs with? To keep from wanting them.

HayHayMarie2009

Asked by HayHayMarie2009 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• CONGRATULATIONS. I hope you can stick to this..........Buy some candy cigs. HAHA JK That'll probably make it worse...gums, mints
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• its weird but i always had twizzlers with me and help them like a cig and ate them. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Mints. The Eclipse mints that come in a little tin? I had one in my purse, one in my car, on the coffee table, in the kitchen, next to the computer...everywhere.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I just wanted to say good for you!!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yay! Baby carrots! Seriously! You can hold them like a smoke too, dorky, but whatever works! I even put fruit juice in a wine glass!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I am a non smoker, but I just wanted to say congratulations on making this commitment. I figured you could use a little support. Hang in there and you are making a great choice. Even after birth your baby will be so much healthier now.

PS I have heard people say snacks, like carrot sticks, candy, mints etc..are good replacements.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 1:46 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Thank all of you!!! Yeah this is gonna be one of the toughest things Ive had to do so far. But I know I have to and its best for my baby and also for me.
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Happy you quit,but you should of started to slowly quit before becoming pregnant to prevent any harm to the baby,JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Well, anon. did it ever occur to you that this could be an unplanned pregnancy?? It never fails, even on a post where someone should be congratulated for doing something GOOD . . . some jackass has to come in and bash. Go away tool.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:09 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Ignore anon 2:04, they obviously care so much they chose to hit anon, rather than show their ugly face
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2008