congested 4 month old

my 4 month old daughter is congested and has a cough now according to the pharmacist i talked to the fda recalled all over the counter baby medicine except tylenol, gas relief, and teething meds any ideas on how i can help my daughter?

tasha080808

Asked by tasha080808 at 2:08 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Saline solution. Get Little Noses, it's just plain saline, with a tiny applicator for you to drip it in her nose. Have tissues handy!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:11 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It is going to be hard for her to cough anything up because she is so little, but you can try making the bathroom steamy and taking her in there, you can try a humidifier in her room, you can try letting her sleep in her car seat or a swing (if she will) in a slightly raised position to help her breath at night and help the drainage...

There are a lot of things...but they escape me at the moment! Sorry!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:12 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Vicks babyrub. You should also try Johnson and Johnson's soothing vapor bath. Just use the rub after giving her a the bath. Using a humidifier in her room will also help.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:12 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• If your baby is breastfeed, kellymom.com recommends using a couple of drops of breastmilk just like you would saline. I haven't tried it though, so I am just throwing the suggestion out there.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 30, 2008