39 weeks and baby has dropped and is very active. is labor close?

my baby is very low and very active. it feels like she is head butting me in the pelvic bone. ..haha. also getting a ton of elbow and knee blows. but feeling the head or at least what i think is, feels different.

MAMADRAMA22

Asked by MAMADRAMA22 at 12:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep, you will probably give birth in the next 3 weeks..LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2011

• Usually the baby will quiet down some before labor, but not always. Hopefully for your sake, seeing how you're so close to the birth, that labor kicks( no pun intended ) in soon! :)
    xo_charleigh_ox

Answer by xo_charleigh_ox at 12:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2011

• i just want it to end! NOW. hahaha
    MAMADRAMA22

Comment by MAMADRAMA22 (original poster) at 1:31 AM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I heard the baby quiets down before the big event, as did my first. But, I've only had one so far :) Good luck
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 1:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2011

• my baby was down by my pelvis for a long time before I gave birth, but I had to be induced
    Bertha21

Answer by Bertha21 at 2:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2011

• cool to know. she has been very low for a while now. and i am effaced at 30% and only 1 cm dilated. i am actually due sep 11th. but im nervous to go over my due date. really hoping something happends soon. the way i am measuring my doc says she will be 8lbs and i feel everything.
    MAMADRAMA22

Comment by MAMADRAMA22 (original poster) at 3:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2011

• Most likely you will deliver in September. But might not...
    Avoiding cervix checks is really helpful~

Is this your first baby?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:04 AM on Sep. 4, 2011

• Why are you nervous about dates?
    It's important to know that you are very likely to pass the EDD and then some...

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2011

• how come avoiding the cervix xhange is helpful? i go in every week now and my doc checks me? sorry to sound silly, but i dont get it? is it because when you get your cervix checked the baby gets touched and is annoyed?
    MAMADRAMA22

Comment by MAMADRAMA22 (original poster) at 3:06 AM on Sep. 4, 2011

• what is the EDD? i have no idea what i am doing. im sorry. this is my first baby
    MAMADRAMA22

Comment by MAMADRAMA22 (original poster) at 3:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2011