If the father of my child has cheated on me how can I ask him to go get tested without him getting mad at me?

Kristal24

Asked by Kristal24 at 2:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• UMMM . . . if he cheated, who cares if he gets mad?? Cheating is a huge deal these days with all the diseases out there, many of which have no cure. Get tested and tell him he has to get tested. Maybe you could go together to your local Planned Parenthood or clinic.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• honestly i think the real question is how can you ever trust him again and if you are willing to give it another shot the least he can do is go get tested!
    tasha080808

Answer by tasha080808 at 2:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Well, if he knows he cheated, and he knows that YOU know he cheated, then it is only fair that he go in and get tested for the safety of both of you, since not only do a lot of people not show symptoms of an STD, but men more so than women do not have a lot of symptoms and are more likely to ignore it if they do.

Simply ask him to go get tested, and tell him that you will get tested too, at the same time. It may help ease some of the stress of it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Let him get mad, he cheated. I would tell him that he will not be coming any where near me until he has a clear bill of health!! You have to stand up for yourself. If you choose to take him back , that is your choice, but don't let him make you feel bad for it.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 2:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Don't worry about him getting mad at you. Stand firm and tell him he needs to get tested if he wants this relationship to continue. Don't let him treat you this way. This is not an unreasonable request in the least. If you don't speak up about important things for fear of him getting mad, he will continue to run over you and do whatever he wants. Be strong. Demand the test, if you are going to stay with him.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Hey hun...when it comes to something like that I dont think you need to be nice or try not to make him mad. If he has come back and wants to be with you I would tell him that is something he has to do for you. He owes you that much.
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 2:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• he cheated and u r worried he will get mad? no no dear tell him if he wants to ever touch u again he needs to get tested. it's not just herpes anymore, which is bad enough-aids can kill u and the #1 way women get it is thru their men.Ask how he would feel if u did it, or if he had to explain to your child why mommy is so sick and dying. dramatic but true enough in some cases. get mad, stay mad, until he gets tested.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• If he cheated on you, Who cares if he gets mad? You should be mad! Just flat out tell him, " go get tested. I want to know what nasty things you might have brought home with you!" Stand up for yourself and your right to know.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• He lost the right to be mad about that when he decided to have sex with someone else. Refuse to sleep with him until he's tested again (or, if you're like me, leave his sorry butt and never sleep with him again at all!)
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 2:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• shhittt... i dont play that... he anit got no room to get mad... he cheated on u...and if he was lucky enough to get u back u should straight tell him.... std's are no joke...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2008