Is it always miserable or does it get better?

Im 6 months pregnant and I have been in pain or miserable the entire pregnancy. Ive had it all, horrid nausea, dibilitating headaches, extreme belly pain, joint and muscle pain, can never find a comfortable position sitting or laying down, im congested from the swollen tissue thing, horrible belly and side pain when rolling over while sleeping, i have to actually sit up then turn, oh i could go on.
So many women I know tell me "I LOVED being pregnant!" It makes me feel like a jack@ss. Dont get me wrong I love feeling the baby, the u/s, the heartbeat and it will all be worth it but oh the misery.
Does it ever get better? Or do some women just have a miserable pregnancy all the way through? I try to stay super positive about the whole thing but the hormones get the best of me about every 2-3 days(plus the lack of sleep). This makes me feel like I'm a bad mommy to be cause Im not enjoying the pregnancy time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Aw honey. Usually the second trimester is the "honeymoon" phase of the pregnancy. Not to take the hope from you. Every pregnancy is different. My cousin was throwing up through her whole pregnancy. I have a history of Restless Leg Syndrome and carpal tunnel, and both were worse in pregnancy. Plus, it was so impossible to get comfortable. Are you staying active at all? It really helped me to go walking, but I imagine with the muscle and joint pains you're having that might be tough. Can you get a massage anywhere, or have your SO give you one? Hopefully, this all just means you have a very healthy, sweet baby coming. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• some just arent that great :( i hope yours gets better though... good luck
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My first pregnancy i was the happiest pregnant woman ever, I had no morning sickness or anything. Now I'm pregnant again and just can't wait for it to be over or for the misery of it all to go away. I can't believe that I wanted the feeling of pregnancy again. Sorry i can' treally answer your ? but your not the only one who feels like that, and thats not goin to make you a bad mommy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i thought i would love it and i hated it. I had sleeping problems, carpal tunnel,horrible Restless Leg Syndrome, and I dont even remember what else. Plus i was soooo impatient i counted every single day. once the baby is here you will forget about all the misery
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 3:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My last pregnancy was absolutely miserable! Totally unbearable. I would cry and cry and ask God to let him come a little early because I was in so much pain. I did finally get through it, but it broke me. I wont ever do it again. That was number 4
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I am one of those lucky women for whom pregnancy is a breeze (well if I could eat when and what I wanted) however I do not enjoy it one bit. I am so ready for it to be over and I still have another 2 weeks. I wanna stay awake past 9, drink a glass of wine, and not cry at the drop of a hat , or bagel even though it landed cream cheese side up on my plate. Oh yeah and the clothing modeled after sofa slipcovers with elastic, pleats and tie backs......... I don't think its selfish, enough is enough.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I didn't have a great pregnancy with my first one, and now I'm pregnant again - and let me tell you, this will probably be the last time I go through this. I'm only 12 weeks along, but the nausea is killing me (although I'm telling myself that I feel better now that I'm at 12 weeks... HaHa), my back is killing me every minute of the day, the headaches, the constipation - EVERYTHING. I really don't understand women who say they could be pregnant every day of their lives... If I could fast forward, I'd be sorely tempted to do so...
    Anonymous

• Sorry, but I think some women have a miserable time all the way through. They say the best time is supposed to be the second trimester, but I have a friend who was sick the entire pregnancy and even had to be put on some leukemia medication so she could eat. I haven't been sick at all, but I must admit, I still don't like being pregnant. I hate gaining weight, being hungry all the time and always feeling slightly exhausted. Even without being sick to my stomach, I still manage to hate so many things about it! I think the waiting is the absolute worst. Good luck and remember that your next pregnancy will probably be much different.
    Anonymous