How do you keep doll hair nice?

my daughter just got a bunch of dolls for her 2nd birthday and they are already getting snarly, how do you keep them nice?!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 11:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• follow synthetic wig care procedures
    http://www.wigs.com/how_to_care_for_synthetic_wigs.html
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:42 AM on Sep. 4, 2011

• comb them out
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:46 AM on Sep. 4, 2011

• Part of it is following age indications on the product/doll, so that hair is less likely to be an issue. (At age one & two, my daughter's cloth dolls all had either yarn braids that were well-fastened or little "tufts" of "hair" showing out from under an attached cap.) After we got dolls for 3+, I realized the difference, and why.

But as for how to keep it nice, a good doll brush (or synthetic wig brush) & some spray conditioner or de-tangler (which I would use only if misting the hair with water before brushing isn't sufficient) can help with maintenance. But....maintenance is key, & necessary. lol

Don't just "comb it out." Take a section of hair, spray with water, & start at the ENDS. Work your way up from there. (This is probably in those wig care instructions.)

People who rehab American Girl dolls have lots of info on wig upkeep & also tips for addressing badly neglected doll hair, so that can be a good resource online.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 9:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I have no clue, but my daughter got a Rapunzel wig for her birthday and got one use out of it :o/

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 9:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2011