Could it be love already?

I met this really great guy online in Aug. of this year. I finally met him in person by chance breifly a month ago. We've gone on two dates since then. Sometimes when he hugs me he takes my breath away. I've gotten butterflies over him. He's extremely sweet, caring, compassionate, considerate, passionate, and understanding. Is it to soon to be love? I haven't dated in 2 yrs since my ex and I split up. Is this just overwhelming emotions? I've never clicked with anyone like this before. What makes it even more amasing is that he feels the same way about me. We both make each other extremely happy.

KlieneMutter

Asked by KlieneMutter at 4:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• sure why couldn't it be love? I believe in love at first "meet" even if it isn't a long term love. Love is love hon, simple as that. Good for u!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• met my husband when i was in a rocky relationship and engaged to someone else. said to my girlfriend i am going to marry that guy......steve and i met on a thursday,,,,i ended that engagement over the weekend and moved in with steve on that following tuesday. mind you that was just about 10 years ago and we are still in love.....happily married with a 6 1/2 year old son. you will know it when "he" is the one. Good Luck!!
    aruba3

Answer by aruba3 at 5:08 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I met my SO online and we talked on the phone for about 4 months before we met and I can honastly say I was in love with him before I ever met him in person!!! Its been hard and I think you have to work alot harder to get to know one another but Im still with him over 4 years later and love him more than ever!! even though somtimes I wonder why LOL!! Good luck!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:03 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It's the mighty endorphins pulsing through your veins! Hang in there, enjoy it and see what life is like in a year or so. Could be the real thing. I think it is amazing how the second time around works for many people. I wish you Love!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I don't think you can know enough about his character to love him. There is a thing called physical attraction which is not at all the same thing as love. Love is really more of a choice to commit your whole being to another person. I think you should wait until you have been able to observe first hand his true character. Remember, too, that the more emotionally involved you become, the more clouded your judgment will become, so try to keep your wits about you and think long-term rather than what "feels" right at this moment. I would introduce him to friends and family and get their opinion, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:04 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I met my now husband on a blind date.. We met at his sisters house and went out with 2 other couples but the second i walked in the door and we were introduced i went to shake his hand but he gave me a hug and we both must have felt the tension because he said he loved me almost 2 weeks later. We have been together since and still going strong.. It will be 5 years in October...We both felt something and knew we were specail to eachother. And things are great with us. We have a 3 year old and a baby on the way. WE ARE SO HAPPY! So yes of course i think you can love somone this early.. Good luck and keep your head high!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:30 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I met and married my husband 6 weeks later. It can happen that fast. We have been married for almost 5 years and it's wonderful. But I will say this: There was NOTHING about him I wanted to change... I loved him exactly as he was, and I was lucky that he was being honest with me about who he was. Even with a love like this we fight like any other normal married couple. We have our grumps and down spots. You have to be very open and honest for it to work and you both have to be on the exact same page about where you want to go with the relationship and when. Again, even as happy as I am... I know you can't write annoyances off now because they only magnify later.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 8:34 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• No, it's just lust and attraction right now. Love is something that grows when you know someone's true self, can trust them because you've experienced hardship with them, and you feel secure with them. I know, not very exciting but much more valuable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• LOVE SUCKS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Love isn't getting butterflies--love isn't a feeling, its a choice. --I choose to love my husband, for better for worse, in sickness and health, til death do us part. oh i forgot richer and poorer --You get the point. --But that doesn't mean this can't be love. --only you know taht
    Lanasmom

Answer by Lanasmom at 9:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2008