Restless legs...

am i the only one out there who cant sleep becuase my legs wont stop jerking? Restless leg syndrome runs in my family and i get it pretty bad when im preggo..some times when im not. what the hell can i do to get it to go away!??

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 5:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Maybe eating banana's will help. They have potassium in them and that usually stops leg cramps. A lot of the time jerking legs can be due to cramping of the muscles. Hope it helps.. now can you help me get to sleep with a kicking baby in my belly! LOL
    xxPaulaxx

Answer by xxPaulaxx at 5:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• my family, and I am included in that number, have had trouble with it since way back. I wasn't able to find anything to make it go away completely. Chiropractic did alleviate some of it though. Give that a try.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 7:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• omg i had that when i was pregnant and it was terrible. i just dealt with it but it is a bitch. i didn't but maybe you could mention it to your doc. and see if they have any suggestions. as soon as i had the baby it went away.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i have that and it sucks. i have my fiance push back on my legs and stretch them out alot.
    cstinamae20

Answer by cstinamae20 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• my mom takes meds for them cuz hers are so bad. do you think they'd give me something? or are they unsafe for baby?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I stretch out my calves before going to bed and that really seems to help, although it tends not to be a huge problem if I'm lying flat in bed, or on my side. If I fall asleep on the couch curled up next to DH, though, it's another story entirely. I'll probably knock out some of his teeth before this baby is born!
    yakamoz

Answer by yakamoz at 3:31 AM on Jan. 10, 2009