how do i get daughter to see what boyfriend doing inapproprate

he is friends with her friends talks to them on my space.almost all are girls and has met a few at the mall and other places without daughter. he has asked daughter if ok first but is it just me or don't you think it is weird. I would like her to move on but don't want to push her away from me. they have been going out for 10mos and he seems to love her but i don't feel her is settled on just her and keeps his options open. she doesn't think it is funny that he does this. any ideas ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• No, I don't thnk its weird. Girls and boys can really be just friends without any problems. My daughter has plenty of guy friends. I would just let her work it out on her own and do her own thing. At least he was honest enough to tell her beforehand and thats a good thing. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• No he sounds like a pig!! And you saying she doesnt think its funny that he does this means it probably bothers her so she needs to tell him that!!! also she is to young to be "settled" on anyone dont push her away from him but do encourage her to keep her options open and just explain that you want her to be happy!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yeah hes a pig, but unfortunately it might take a broken heart for her to see it. Just continue to keep the lines of communication open with her about it. Sometimes it takes a situation smacking us upside the head before we pay attention. Hopefully your daughter will see this sooner than later. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:30 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• You want your daughter to move on but it sounds like she has a level head. She isn't reading too deeply into the things he's doing so it may mean she is keeping her options open. You know we all have to go through somethings to know better. I think she would get out if it became an issue. Have confidence in the way you raised her and you guys will be fine. Good Luck!!!
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 4:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• He's not talking to girls on myspace and meeting girls at the mall because he wants to be casual friends with them. He is a player. Period. Your daughter needs to get away from him, and it would be better if she made the decision to do it, instead of waiting until he breaks her heart. And it will happen with someone like him. But you cannot try to force a break-up , because she will turn against you and run towards him even though he is hurting her. Good luck.
    summerdayz

Answer by summerdayz at 9:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I definitely wouldn't let my boyfriend do that when I was a teenager, meeting strange girls I met online at the mall? Sounds like more than friendship to me. If it was only friendship, it should remain online.. OR he should be inviting his girlfriend (your daughter) or at least allowing her to come. I can't see why she wouldn't WANT to be there to see what's going on anyway!

Also, to be blunt.. teenage boys may "love" their girlfriends but from what I've seen never completely settle, heart break is ALWAYS a risk in teen relationships.
    littlemummy31

Answer by littlemummy31 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2009