27 weeks pregnant and very bad back pain?

yesterday my back started hurting and then it kinda eased up but it hurt when i was sitting or laying down (on back ,left side or right side) so i would walk around even though it still kinda hurt doing that.
last night i thought i was going to have to make a trip to the womens center bc i was so uncomfortable and couldnt lay down or sit bc my back hurt so bad... i hadnt been in that muchpain since i had my daugther

today it is hurting agian. i dont know waht to do? should i be concerned?

alw06tchs

Asked by alw06tchs at 4:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• small of your back?? or low in general? if so, it's the baby squashing a nerve. i had that during my 2nd and 3rd trimester during both pregnancies. it's pretty normal. annoying, but normal.
    mrsdic

Answer by mrsdic at 4:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• Its my lower back and sometimes my whole back....it hurts bad I've taken tylenol and it doesn't help
    alw06tchs

Comment by alw06tchs (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I know that you are much more at risk when pregnant to pull/strain muscles because they all loosen up a bit. Are you positive you aren't in labor? Either way if it's so bad that you can't get comfortable I would go get checked out. You shouldn't mess around with stuff like that when you are pregnant...you never know if you're putting the baby at risk. Good luck!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• try lower back stretches, and pelvic tilts, and doing them against a wall... i hate taking tylenol so i save it for a gnarly headache... also if it gets bad for me i would take a bath if i had one, but since i olny have a shower, i get on my hands and knees with the water on full blast... nice and warm, angle the spray with the most water pressure directly at where it hurts, and gradually turn the heat up... dont hurt your self with hot water, but you can ease and numb your back for a while... it helps to do some very slow pelvic tilts to stretch and relax the joints and muscles in the water too...you are over half way there there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 4:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• yea i was worried about the labor bc my daughter was a premie. . i went into labor iwth her and i also had preeclmapisa and my placenta abrupted so i have been very cautious with stuff. i have been having to go to the dr once a week bc of everyhting..i go back on tuesday

i tried the shower and hot water i love hot showers. but it doesnt work.. my DH has even tried to massage my back but that doesnt really work either.

alw06tchs

Comment by alw06tchs (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I would call your doctor (or after hours nurse line if they're closed) and explain the situation to them, and let them make the decision if you should come in and get evaluated. Better safe than sorry. It could just be the baby hitting your sciatic nerve. But, i'd still call and see what they think you should do.
    meganrst

Answer by meganrst at 5:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2011