D and C? Ever have one? Explain please... :)

Dona28

Asked by Dona28 at 6:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Health

• For a miscarriage? I had one. They put me under anesthesia so I was knocked out during the procedure. I didn't feel anything. After wards I just felt really tired and groggy. Also for some reason I faintly remembered them sticking the tube down my throat. Weird. The first thing I asked is if they stuck something in my throat when I came to.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• oh ..it is quick,,really,,,,,,,you will be fine ,,,,,,,,,,,i promise,,,,,i had 3 miscarriages
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 7:09 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002914.htm

Here ya go, you can read about what is done and why.

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I had one last year. Under general or local anesthesia, the doctor will mechanically remove the contents of your uterus. It isn't extremely painful, but it is uncomfortable. If you want more information, PM me and I'll talk to you about it. I don't want to be too graphic on here.

I'm sorry you have to have one. I wish you the best.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 9:10 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I had one for my Uterine Balloon Therapy, but I was already knocked out because I was also having a tubal ligation at the same time.
    moniquesand

Answer by moniquesand at 10:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My experience was indentical to the first Anonymous poster.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2008