How long did it take?

How long did it take for you to get over the hurt and anger when your husband left you for another woman?I just want to be normal again and not care about it anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I've not ever had the experience, but I don't think that I would ever completely get over it. I think it might be somewhat like losing a person to death, in that as time passes, it might become less painful. I also think you should allow yourself to grieve and not try to pretend that it doesn't hurt. And, were I in your position, I would be praying that hubby would have a change of heart and realize what he has given up.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:14 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My X did not leave my daughter and I for another woman (atleast I don't think he did) but I can tell you when I no longer felt the pain of him leaving. It was when I realized that my "dream" (of the family, home etc) still exsisted but not with him. I took him for what he was worth. Looked at all the things he did that hurt me and how he betrayed me. Woke up one day and said that I can take care of myself and I no longer wanted to give him any of my precious energy. It was a hard road but today I am a stronger woman because of him, and trust me you too will thank him oneday..
    because you are worth more than he gave..good luck...keep your pretty head up!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Nanny,you sound like you are way to dependent on your S/O for your happiness.This is the second post where you have wrote sounding like people should just feel lucky they are wanted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Two years later and I still love him like I did the day we married. With me it never went away. I found a man 10 times better than him but I still love him so much. What's really crazy is I would never go back to him if he asked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Dec. 30, 2008