Grandkids

I have a grand daughter that is 18, she is going off to college, she never wanted anything to do with her grandfather or I, and we never got to see her, now she is calling asking for money for college, her grandfather and I told her no, because she wanted nothing to do with us and now she wants money from us, are we wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• absolutely not, tell her to get a job
    kaedrasgma

Answer by kaedrasgma at 5:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I would ask her where she has been the last 18 years. I would tell her that maybe she should go ask those that she has time for over the years. i would also call her parents and tell them to take a flying leap.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I would tell her you dont know her and didnt have a relationship with her so you cant help.

Answer by gemgem at 5:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I would say no too. She has a lot of nerve calling you and asking for money when you hardly know her. I have a relationship with my grandma and I still would not ask her for money.  Tell her to go get student loans like everyone else.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 6:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• Why did she have nothing to do with you? There is really not enough information here to give an informed opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• because she just didn't want to, sorry I am not giving money to a grandchild who did not want to see me. Sorry but I am not good enough to visit but I am good enough for money, sorry don't think so.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I understand your point but I am curious about something,my mom kept her 4 kids from knowing her mom,we did not have a choice unti we reached adulthood ,then we reached out to them. Was this her choice or parents choice?

RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 11:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I, too, need more information to answer this question honestly. if she just now turned 18, doesnt that mean that she was a minor before now? doesnt that also mean her parents should have been the ones to at least start the relationship process with you while she was a child? did she refuse to come to your house when she was just a child? and surely she has to have reasons. im not saying you should give her the money by any means. but maybe there is an underlying reason youre not telling us, and shes not telling you? this is not a complete story here in my opinion. just saying.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• My husband and I are wealthy anytime my kid or my grandkid ever called me was for money, my grandchild has not seen me since she was 10, thats the last time my grandchild chose to come see me, sorry but in my opinion I am not going to be used by my grandchild, now on the other hand, my grandchild from my other child, always came and saw me, therefore I paid in full for my grandsons college.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• not at all, if she wanted or expected help from yall, then she could have had the decency to at least be involved with yall at some point in her life. Sounds to me like she is quite selfish, and good for you and your husband saying no.
    jessica549

Answer by jessica549 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 5, 2011