Can you fix burnt chili?

I spent two days making homemade chili in a crockpot, I told DH to organize the fridge and put the chili away when he was done eating (he snacks), so I left the chili on low in the crockpot....Well DH never turned it off or put it away so it burned (had tomato sauce in it) and now it tastes a little burnt, can this be fixed?

Kari_Noelle

Asked by Kari_Noelle at 6:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I don't have a fix it for that entirely, but I do know that you shouldn't stir it up because you'll get the burnt stuff mixed into the good stuff. Pour it into another container without mixing.

In the future, you can get a crockpot that turns itself off. They aren't that spendy. As soon as it hits two hours or whatever it's set for it goes from cook to warm on its own. I switched to one of those years ago when I was working evenings and couldn't trust dh to turn mine off. LOL
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I've done that before, and no I couldn't fix it... sorry!
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 10:32 AM on Sep. 5, 2011