On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being a bad mom, 10 a great mom), what type of mom am I since I spanked my oldest on the bare butt when she was growing up?

Here come the haters!

Susanafton42

Asked by Susanafton42 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• 10 - I'm guessing your child understood discipline without getting beaten, right? I'm a spanker supporter. lol
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I don't think that's a fair question.... I don't know you as a mother and just because you spanked your child, that doesn't define you as a mother. But I'm gonna say 10, because I believe everymother is different and is amazing in their own way. :) And don't let all those haters get you down!
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• Depends how hard on bare butt, I may swat or "bomp" his diaper butt as last resort, but I don't think I could personally do barebutt....so 8-9? As I said, depending on how hard and often it was, and hopefully the bare spanking wasn't with a paddle, belt or spoon because that is a DEFINENT no no!..
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• are you asking because you really want to know and you really value the opinions of a bunch of strangers on the internet, or are you asking to stir the pot?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• No belt, no spatula, no wooden spoon - just my hand. And I asked my oldest if she thought I went too far when she was younger - she laughed and told me, 'It didn't even hurt" Interesting how she waited until she was older to tell me that! LOL
    Susanafton42

Comment by Susanafton42 (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I'm not going to rate you on your parenting based on a personal choice.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• Spanking your child hardly defines you as a good or bad mom unless you are actually beating your child...I can't rate you as a mom because i don't know you..
    LoViNmYbAbIeSs

Answer by LoViNmYbAbIeSs at 7:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• a 1
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• Unless you are trying to start a controversy....why does it matter to you what a bunch of strangers think about something that was over and done with years ago?
    firefly679

Answer by firefly679 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I am all for spanking though bare butt is usually a last resort
    RoyalBlossom

Answer by RoyalBlossom at 9:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2011