Whats going on with my son?

Yesterday I noticed my 4 year old son was acting a bit diffrent. He didnt want to get out of bed untill after 11am and when he did he was really quiet. He started to complain of a headache so I took his temp and it was 102. I gave him some motrin twice threw out the day and made him drink plenty of water. By the time he went to bed he no longer had a fever. Well thismorning he woke up with a temp of 103 and he was complaining of his head hurting again. I gave him a cool bath and some tylenol and now its down to 101. He said his stomache dosent hurt, just his head. Does anyone know what could cause just a fever and headache?

ArmyWife15

Asked by ArmyWife15 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm not sure what could be going on. Maybe a touch of the flu? If it keeps up i'd call his doc.
    Hope he feels better.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I dont know, but you should call his dr. Or call ask a nurse. They should be able to tell you something.
    mommie020308

Answer by mommie020308 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Gte him to a doctor right away, never mind what anyone says here.
    Amy1022

Answer by Amy1022 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Take him to the doctor now because not to scare you, he could have some type of meningitis
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Sounds like the flue to me. When I get a temperature I get a headache too.

Answer by louise2 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Good grief, you don't need to take him to the DR. Is he throwing up? Is he eating? Is he drinking? Is he playing? Those temps you mentioned are not high and no need to rush him to the DR. Some folks just like to scare others because they are paranoid. Just call you pedi and talk to THEM. If they say bring him in then do so. When kids are sick they aren't doing as much as they normally do. But if he is acting really odd then call the pedi.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• He hasint had an appetite at all, but i have him drinking plenty of fluids. He has just been acting lethargic. The most playing he has done is playing his v-smile. There has been no throwing up or even diareha. I have his temp down now from 103 to 101 so Im just going to keep giving him plenty of fluids and monitor him threw out the day and see how he does. Thanks for all the advice everyone! I really appreciate it!! :)
    ArmyWife15

Answer by ArmyWife15 at 10:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Maybe his sinuses are stuffed up or something? I'd just call the ped and see what they say! Good luck... I hope he feels better soon! :-)
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 11:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I really think you should at the very least give his doctor a call. Headaches can be nothing but they can also be something very serious. My sister in law had the same thing happen with her son and it did turn out to be meningitis. His only symptoms were a headache and fever. Please at least call, better safe then sorry.

norbert

Answer by norbert at 11:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I will give the doctor a call! Thanks!!
    ArmyWife15

Answer by ArmyWife15 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 30, 2008