Help....my son threw up on his favorite stuffed animal.

How do I get the odor out?

momwillandturn

Asked by momwillandturn at 9:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Home & Garden

• soak it in the washer with some laundry soap..... then wash it normal...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i soak dirty items in my sink first. then i wash them in the washer
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• wash it...but make sure to put him in a pillow case first..if you dont his fur will get all matted and icky...
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 9:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I agree with the above poster to wash it in the machine in a pillowcase. We have a front loader washing machine and I do wash my daughter's stuffed animals when needed. Most stuffed animals say to spot clean, but, even these seem to be alright.

Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 1:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My daughter was sick over the holidays and did the same thing on my brand new couchs and rugs. The smell was awful. But.. We called a carpet cleaner/furniture place and they told us to go to the pet store and buy natures mircle. This stuff is the bomb!!! Worked and now the odor is gone, it didnt stain or discolor my rug or couch. Best stuff on the market. Safe for kids and pets. Little expensive but well worth it.     big smile mini

Yebbers

Answer by Yebbers at 2:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Put it in the washer on handwash or delicute cycle on cold or warm...hot may fade the toy, then put it in a pillow case with at least 2 dryer sheets, tie it off and dry on low temp. Also if you add a lil bit of WHITE vinegar...1/2 cup to a small load it will take the smell out! The toy will still smell like the laundry Detg. not the vinegar. Hope this helps!
    MomOf2Js2

Answer by MomOf2Js2 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2008