Healthy meal ideas for picky adult!

I am trying to live a more healthy lifestyle...but I am the pickiest eater I know. I do not eat fish, or red meat. Not big on veggies either :( Any ideas? I love pasta and bread, but I know that is so unhealthy and want to try to stear clear of that stuff.

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 9:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• What about fresh fruit?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 9:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• I know what you mean. I am a very picky eater too. I force myself to try new things. The one things I won't eat is fish. Its so gross!! My mom found some recipes you can make in foods you normally eat but you add like beans or spinach or blueberries. Try looking up recipes for healthy foods for picky adults and kids. You can't even tastw the healthy foods in them! :)
    krystaldawn_21

Answer by krystaldawn_21 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• If you decide to grow up, and expand your palate, I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, simple, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2011

• My husband is picky and doesn't eat the same things like you. For his lunch, he takes turkey sandwiches with lettuce and mayo. Fruit and yogurt.
    onlinejazzmom

Answer by onlinejazzmom at 12:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• Try quinoa instead of rice, (i suggest cooking it in chicken broth instead of water), and Smart Taste pasta is good.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 10:27 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• Were you just not exposed to a variety as a kid? Sometimes you just have to put yourself out there. Try gazpacho, that's a serious way to get your veggies without having to deal with texture. Gazpacho is cold vegetable soup. I had watermelon, tomato, carrot, onion, gazpacho yesterday. It was delicious.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2011