Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We recently moved, and that put my dd in a new school district, but I wanted her to finish the year at her old school, then transfer to the new one in the fall. How do I transfer her? Do I just go to the old school and tell them I need to transfer her? Any help would be great! :)


Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • When my son transferred we went to the new school, filled out a new student packet and they took care of getting all the records from the old school. They are neighboring school districts, though. I would make sure I have the old school's phone and fax numbers on hand. My ex and I had joint custody, and he switched from my exes school district to mine, so we waited until the beginning of summer to do the paperwork. That way he was included on all the attendance sheets. Sometimes they are almost an afterthought if you don't get the paperwork in early.

    Answer by drowninginboys at 7:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • Yes Just go to the office and tell them.. I would wait until almost the end of the year or they might make you transfer her to the school in your district. I transfered my kids 2 years ago and I just went in and told them .. or you can call the school districts main line and ask them the steps. Hope this helps

    Answer by MaryMary29 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • well first of all if you don't want to transfer her till the fall then do not say anything to either skool right now. where i live if you move from one skool district to another you have to transfer to the new skool district right away cuz if the find out they will fine you. and then when you do want to trasfer her go to the old skool tell them she is being trasferred so they can send the neccesary materials to thenew skool then you will have to go to the new skool and get her enrolled

    Answer by jodi205 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • this is the op :)

    I dont plan on saying anything yet...I was going to wait until school is out to transfer her. :) Just wanted to educate myself so that when the time comes I know what to do.

    Answer by barefootbchbum at 10:02 AM on Dec. 30, 2008