how can i get rid of my morning sickness or make it so it does not interrupt so much of my day and work

excited1sttimer

Asked by excited1sttimer at 10:40 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• hey my first 3 months i had horrable morning sickness i found that gatorade and the little fish crackers helped alot
    myworldisbella

Answer by myworldisbella at 11:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Eat snacks all day long so that you don't actually get hungry. Eat high protein snacks like peanut butter on bread. Getting hungry will make you feel sick.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 11:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Everyone is differnt. A bagel with cream cheese did the trick for me. They also make these suckers for nausea that work for some people. Try Babies R Us. If nothing else works, your doctor can give you something (like Phenagren sp??) to keep you from getting sick.
    Tammycakes

Answer by Tammycakes at 1:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I feel for you I had it up until 30 weeks then it decided to stop, really nothing helped me so I just bared with it as best I could, people say eat some saltine crackers before you get out of bed, maybe it will work for you! Good Luck
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Everytime you get up in the middle of the night to go pee, take a drink of water. It really helps if your stomach doesn't get empty. Eat crackers, sip on soda, suck on hard candy, eat snacks often. I usually felt really good whenever my tummy had something in it, but would start to feel like CRAP when I'd get hungry.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• ifound that a peppermen in a bottle of water helps
    kenziesmom2006

Answer by kenziesmom2006 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I tried, crackers, little meals, ginger ale, but none of those worked. I got sea bands (from walgreens) and those helped lessen it. Smarties in my mouth helped for some strange reason. At one point I got where I couldn't keep done even water and she put me on some meds that helped a lot.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 3:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I never tried it, but the nurse at my obgyn told me ginger helped. Ginger snaps, ginger ale, etc. My saving grace was Gatorade! I hardly kept anything down for the first 16 weeks and at least gatorade kept me from being dehydrated. That's the most important thing, or they'll make you go get an IV to hydrate you.
    candi_jo

Answer by candi_jo at 3:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Gatorade helped me too. And also- now this may sound wierd and nasty to some- but pickle juice. I like pickles anyway, but when I am really sick-sepecially in the morning, I headed for the jar of pickles in my fridge, and either ate one or had some juice, just a little to settle it ( i used a med measuring cup/ 2tbs.)and then i piece of dry toast. But ginger ale I hear works well. but use the gatorade definitly, like original, nothing pink unless the fruit punch is the only one you like. Powerade is good too, don't let yourself get dehydrated. Good luck.
    JafraMom

Answer by JafraMom at 4:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2008