So tired and no help.

I live in a town with no family and no friends so its hard to get someone down here to watch the baby...I am beat and am actually sick but cant rest until he falls asleep. And during that time, I'm trying to speed clean. We don't have money for daycare so thats not an option...
Anyone know how I can just get a few hours more to sleep? Or clean? Or cook something hot to eat and actually get to eat it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm actually in the same exact position. Ive let some of the cleaning slide, which is difficult for me (I'm really anal about a clean living space). About hot meals Ive started making a few crock pot meals and soups. And when ever I feel well enough to cook I make a lot so we can eat warm left overs for the next few days. I crash whenever the baby is sleeping. I take a nap when she naps and my bedtime is like an hour after hers. Even just a little more sleep makes me feel so much better. I hope you feel better soon.
    kmstanfo

Answer by kmstanfo at 11:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I would let the cleaning slide and get used to eating cold food for a few months - sorry! But I would reach out to someone out of town and let them know you would really appreciate them coming to watch the baby for a few hours. I am sure someone would be willing to help. One good nights sleep will make you feel human again. Good luck, it does get better.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Ditch the cleaning!
    I'm in the same boat, no family or close friends closer than another state. Every time I get sick, my daughter gets sick too. Do your best to take care of both of you and don't worry about the house.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Okay, first you need to breath. Now, do you have a play pen or swing? If so, put your baby down for awhile. Put her where she can see you. Turn on a baby einstein dvd or something like it. This should entertain your baby a few. Then take a break, she can't go anywheres. Bring the swing to the bathroom and take a hot shower or bath. The steam is actually calming to babies. As far as cleaning, do the basics. No need to scrub the house from top to bottom. Make a strict schedule. Only do laundry on certain days, vacume on one day, and so on. When you cook make extra. Such as spaghetti. Cook a large amount and freeze the left over sauce. Then, next week all you have to do is pull it out and throw it in a pan to warm.

sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2008