Shrimp...

Can we eat them? I know its a shell fish but a doctor said once a week is okay....What happens if I ate my left overs from last night? I wasnt worried until my Mom said something.

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 9:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have eaten a little fish here and there I cant help it I love it. . . my mom's an rn and she said if I have a little while pregnant it lower's the chance's of the baby being allergic to shell fish and ive read that doc's agree
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I got this awesome book when I was preg from the doctors and this is what it says- choose fish with low mercury levels such as Pacific salmon, haddock,flounder, SHRIMP, and farmed trout and catfish. Limit consumption of fish purchased in a store or restaurant to no more than 12 oz. a week. Seafood is highly nutritious and can continue to be part of your diet during pregnancy. Fish is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which are good for birth development in the growing baby.

So ya I wouldn't worry! Just no more shrimp for a week just to be safe lol. The book says a lot more about fish but I cut all that out and just gave you info to answer you question!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:14 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'm a huge seafood eater, and I asked my DR about that early on in pregnancy. He said some raw fish had high mercury levels and shellfish had high iodine levels but he never told me not to eat them. They actually have lots of brain building materials in them. But I'm no expert. Either way i would say trust whatever YOUR doctor says.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 30, 2008