ugly baby

the other day i came across a question by another mom wanting to know "if your kids were ugly, would you admit it" you can check it out if you like. i am surprised to see that women actually were talking about other people babies being ugly. i dont feel its right to judge a babies look like a grown person. the baby is not styling her/his hair nor is it shaving the "hairy back"..
i cant imagine even fixing my mouth to say someones baby is ugly! thats simply wrong. i would like to hear some more moms on this

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 10:04 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• That anyone can see any offspring who is in a developemental state- anything prior to age 25- as anything less than perfect, is beyond me. Sorry to be in opposition ladies, but my stand is firm. There is no such thing. And what in the world would give any one the notion of telling a woman that her kid is ugly? To discourage her? So she can instill it in her child that they don't look good (and are therefore unacceptable to society)? Look at the features to see the future, and look and appriciate the living, breathing, thinking human that is wrongfully judged.
    Just my opinion.
    KimPepperoni

Answer by KimPepperoni at 10:46 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I think some babies are ugly and it has nothing to do with hairy backs or styling hair. Not everyone can be pretty. Mean? No its reality.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I have never told another mother her baby was ugly even though I may have thought it. When my Olivia was born, she was UGLY!. Yes I can admit it, she was very UGLY and I almost cried too! She was a big baby so maybe that's why she was ugly to me. 9lbs. 9.3 oz. She is a very cute baby now.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• There are many ugly babies. I wont disrespect a mother by telling her child is ugly but I also wont go aww that baby is so cute. I just dont say anything. If my baby was ugly I woulda been like damn oh well I still love her. But I love my little gorgeous boo!!
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 10:10 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i would admit it. it wouldn't change the way iloved my baby.. ;o) but i must say my moms friend had ONE OF THE UGLIEST BABIES I HAD EVER SEEN.... but after a few months he changed to one of the cutest =)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I thought all mommies think their babies are the most gorgeous thing on earth? NO, I am wrong? I think my baby is one of the most cutest babies
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I've never thought my baby was ugly, but there is NOTHING wrong with admitting if you think a baby isn't attractive/ugly. I wouldn't tell a mom to her face, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't be thinking it.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My kids were adorable as babies, but two of my kids were not the prettiest newborns. They just had this awkward look about them. As toddlers my oldest was bald and I didn't think she was that pretty, but she was sweet. Then she outgrew it and went through another awkward stage at 7 or 8 when she was all legs and teeth. All of my kids have been through awkward stages. You should see her ( my oldest) now. I wish I could post a picture of her. Shes gorgeous. Unfortunately, many boys think so as well. I think one of the things that made her more awkward was that she was and still is really skinny. I can see her ribs and hip bones...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I would never say such a thing to anyone (out loud anyways). My girls were 2 months early, born with no hair, no eyebrows. They looked like eggs with eyes. Everyone told me the were soooo cute. How nice of them to lie. LOL
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Some babies are ugly, but I'd never say it to the mama. I admit that mine weren't adorable right off. My daughter was stuck in the chute coming out and had a horrible ridge on her head. I thought she looked like a monkey. However, after a few days, her head smoothed out and she got that cute baby look. Now, she's an adorable 8 year old.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2008