WYR: take the train or the airplane and why?

vivianne112

Asked by vivianne112 at 2:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2011 in

• Airplane, the train is way too slow!
    Bertha21

Answer by Bertha21 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• Plane, same reason as Bertha
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 2:07 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• Airplane )
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 2:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• Train ..I hate airplanes...I can't control my surrounding environment.
    LATINAICE

Answer by LATINAICE at 2:12 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• It depends. lol, I've literally traveled by boat, by train, and by plane, and I would do all of them again. The plane is faster and can get you places that it's just not practical to go to otherwise. Train because it's a neat experience, you can see the sights as you go, and there are a lot of differences in the train experiences (like, for example, it was a lot different taking the Amtrack train down the CA coast than it is when we take the Shinkansen, which is the Japanese bullet train). The boats we've taken have been ocean going ferries (some are only an hour or two trips, once we were on one for days, because of weather). The good thing about them is you can take your car, but you still can get out, see the scenery, walk around, get some food, sleep, etc...

I think it depends on where you're going, what you want to take with you, and how fast you want to get there :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:30 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• We once took a train to florida. I took 24 HOURS!!! It was awful. I will never do that again!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:42 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• Train ... would be fun and scenic! Have always wanted to go on a train ride!!! Fun Fun .... :o)
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• Well, I've flown several times and while it is fast, it's not the most child friendly way of travel. I think it would be great to take a train somewhere. It would have to be a very nice train with private cabins and a dining car....that would be more fun and more free than strapped down in a plane. Not to mention that I am afraid of heights and truly hate flying.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2011

• Airplane, the train is way too slow!
    .JuneDiva629.

Answer by .JuneDiva629. at 2:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2011

• Plane because its faster

Train for the scenery
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 9:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2011