who here has had their baby in a car or in their bathroom or just has a crazy story

i know someone who after 2 kids she just didn't have time to get to the hospital and delivered in her bathroom. then the ambulance that came didn't know what to do.. so had to call for a second ambulance.. haha

then another they were in the hospital and she had 3 kids already and when she got her epidural the nurse was trying to put the babys heart monitor back on and couldn't find the heartbeat.. the dad heard a noice and lifted up the sheet and the baby was hanging out. lol he delivered his own baby and literally was holding it for 30-45 minutes BEFORE the doctor got there to finish everything up. =)

luckily everyone was okay!!

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• well i was in class taking a test when i was in labor and i didnt even realize it. i drove all the way across town back to my house. i went to take a nap.... thought i had to pee.. sat up my my water broke all over my rug... i changed my pants.... lol i was home alone with my dad and he flipped out. lol i just remember him sayin " are you shittin me?" my mom was at the store, he called her and she left her cart in the isle and came home. my dad was hanging out the door with my bag i had just packed by myself haha. when my mom got home i was playing with my Chihuahua. dad drove 90 the whole way. i swear he hit every single bump on the way to the hospital!! got to the hospital and the nurse thought i was lieing about my water breaking so she wouldnt let me sit on the bed until she TESTED the water on my pants. lol idk what her problem was..... 4 hrs later with half an epidural i had my son! lol
    Chaney08

Answer by Chaney08 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• wow thats funny I always knew to get to the hosp quick I had usually 2 to 4 hours labor but one was 45 min I had a contraction and pressure left got to hosp I was 8 and had him a few min later lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• The worst of mine was that my labor stopped midway through the delivery and I pushed her shoulders out without contractions. My mother had two children before me and both were long labors, 24 and 36 hours, so when she went into labor with me, she started cleaning the house and doing some last minute things. She figured she would be in labor for a long time and didn't want to head to the hospital yet and didn't want to have to handle three kids with a dirty house. She barely made it to the hospital in time because her labor was less than 7 hours and the hospital was a good hour away at that time. I was born, my dad swears, 49 minutes after he got the car in the parking lot at the hospital.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My first baby was born before my dr. showed up too. Luckily there was a dr. there that had just previously delivered a baby & he delivered mine as well. With my 2nd baby my dr. made sure he came right away. lol. With my 3rd I had the baby within minutes of arriving at the hospital too....I go pretty quick but I was always worried about a 'false labor' so I never spoke up about contractions until I absolutely (sp? sorry...) knew for sure!
    jencat82

Answer by jencat82 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I breastfed my son in a stall, sitting on the toilet, in a church lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• oh ya my dr wasnt there either. i had a trainee deliver my baby lol
    Chaney08

Answer by Chaney08 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Before I had my cesarean I was ORDERED, by a really rude OR nurse to drink something that would prevent me from throwing up. I protested because I already felt queasy but eventually did it. Anway, right before the C-section they realized they had forgotten to give me an antibiotic, so the same nurse was told to hook up the IV. Well, since I had already taken what was supposed to calm my stomach and then given the antibiotic (which causes nausea and vomiting) there was nothing to keep the jell-o down. I told the aneistisiologist that I was going to vomit and he pulled my oxygen off and told the nurse to hold it. I THREW UP DOWN THE FRONT OF HER GOWN!!! CLASSIC!.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 4:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2008