Need Ideas for my daughter

My daughter is turning 9 in less than a month. We are letting her have her first birthday party where she can invite her friends, we are inviting the whole third grade class and are having it at out local legion hall. I want to have it on a Saturday afternoon. I need some game or activity ideas that would be good for both girls and boys. We have a Wii so we could take it but I am not sure if I want to. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

jordanmarie2000

Asked by jordanmarie2000 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• pin the tail on the donkey, cake walk (- you could use candy as the prize), musical chairs, get a pinata. We have a Wii too but there's NO WAY I would trust it to a third grade class!! :)
    They'll pretty much entertain themselves too....
    Hope this helps.
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• bduckett0723 had great ideas but I don't think I'd take the Wii either!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• We had our daughter's 8th party in a big hall. We called it our "Mega Sleepover"
    They all had to come in pyjamas and slippers
    We had musical chairs, pass-the parcel
    A disco and dancing comps Like the best maccarena or the best "worm"
    and a karoke contest too.
    The usual cake and buffet
    and no, they didn't stay overnight but it carried on 'til 10pm very late for my kids!
    Eddy_G

Answer by Eddy_G at 3:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• well I have niece, u could give her best sleepover party as samething birthday. She could learn some make up, dress up, play game, rent their fav movie, karoke, bring there own things like toys.
    whoishotmama

Answer by whoishotmama at 5:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• WII's cost too much to take around that many people. I wouldn't take it if I were you!
    MomOf2Js2

Answer by MomOf2Js2 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Here are a couple of sites with game ideas. http://www.kiwifamilies.co.nz/Topics/Birthdays/Party+Games/Games+for+8+-+12+year+olds.html http://www.partygameideas.com/kids-games/index-action-games_2.php DON'T take the Wii. That would be a disaster!! One Wii for an entire class of kids is like one pork chop in a room full of starving dogs. They will all be fighting over it, and kids will be waiting in line to play, but the party will end without everyone having a turn. Besides, why would you want to bring video games to a birthday party? It's supposed to be about the birthday girl, celebrating HER not 'her cool stuff'. If they are going to her party they should spend time playing games and having fun with her, not parked in front of a TV all night ignoring the B-Day girl. That wouldn't be fare to her if all her friends ran off to play video games and ignored her at her own party.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 1:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• my daughter is going to be 11 on march 28th of 09, i was wondering what to do for her party , usually i just have a little family party at home, but she has been telling me that she wants to have it at the rollerskating rink, do you think i should do this? and about your question on what to do for her party, i would just ask her what kind of games she would like, that way you know that she will be happy with what you pick out!! hope this helped good luck on the party, tell your daughter i said HAPPY BIRTHDAY please? thanks

kittykatt6708(patty)
    kittykatt6708

Answer by kittykatt6708 at 8:48 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My daughter is 10. She and her friends love having a scavenger hunt! This would work for boys also. You can google online to find scavenger hunt lists that are already made up or you could make up your own knowing the surroundings at the Legion Hall. You should probably break into small groups and not boys against girls. Give each group a list of items and spell out the rules for play ahead of time. The more you have planned ahead of time the less chance you will have behavioral problems!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• We took our DD's class bowling for her birthday. She has a Feb BD so at least that was indoors, It wasn't that expensive either.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 2:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• please don't take your wii all this will do is bring more misery than joy ( it's my turn, no it's mine) omg! not to mention it may get broken. google birthday party ideas & my 8 yo dd is here with me she said to get a bunch of bored games, make up party, carry eggs on a spoon in your mouth, (be sure to boil them) lol ~ shave the ballons, ring toss, bean bag toss twister, cupcake walk, face painting, all ideas from an 8 yr old girl :)
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2008