Hair color help

I put this frost on my light brown hair and now it is light strawberry blonde. I do not like it . WHAT CAN I DO TO DARKEN IT UP TO A DARK BLONDE?

ladybug0614

Asked by ladybug0614 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• depends on a few things.. I'm not sure what shade of light strawberry you have or how YOU define strawberry.. Honestly I'd probably try a toner over top of it.. Or stick to the same level my tips already were because they will darken slightly as you tone away the strawberry hue anyways..

as for what color to do it with.. again it would depend on the things I listed above.. your best bet would be to seek a stylist to fix it, or at the very least go to a beauty supply store and ask for help from them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• be warned though, not everyone that works in a supply store is equip with cosmo experience beyond basic picked up themselves skills.. so they may or may not be helpful.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• First off, if you put any type of bleach on your hair and don't know how to use it, odds are it's gonna turn orange.

Second, as a stylist I can't identify the level of lightness you achieved through lightening to tell you if you need to go lighter and tone, or what type of toner you would need. It's not that simple, and it would be unprofessional of me to tell you to do something without seeing or having experience in the area.

I strongly suggest you go to a professional. By the time you spend all the money trying to buy do it yourself products to fix it, you could have it done correctly, and safely without losing your hair.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 5, 2011

• Exactly..what she ^ said. It could be as simple as a toner, or as much as a pain as repigmenting to get your hair to the right level. In no way do I recommend doing it yourself. Go to a professional. Find a Paul Mitchell school near you...it's inexpensive and you're guaranteed to have it done right!
    6GsMommy

Answer by 6GsMommy at 11:44 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• Color on color - eek! Time for stylist repair ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2011