Think cabs are too expensive???????

Testing the limits. Do you know when do you become an impaired driver?
Think cabs are too expensive? Add up the cost of a DUI.($ 21.000!!!)
Plase take the time and watch the video and read the story at KTUU.com
One bad choise can change your life forever.
Have a safe end of the year 2008!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• People who do this don't give a shit who they hurt, you are wasting your breath. No one "knows their limit" one drink and you shouldn't get behind the wheel but people won't care until someone takes the life of someone they love. THEN maybe they will get it.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• mrsfitz05 - So sad but what you said is totally true. I have a "friend" who drinks and drives ALL the time, she has never gotten caught so she thinks she is bullet proof.... When she still lived around here I insisted she called me and I would get here, but she has since moved out of state. Last time I talked to her she had wrecked her best friends PARENTS car, she and him were fine but the car wasnt and luckily no one else was involved. You would THINK that this would be an eye opener but NOPE the very next night she called me wasted about to drive home. I dont talk to her anymore I just cant be friends with someone that selfish and stupid.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Around here you can't call a cab if you are drinking. Our only cab company requires a 48 hour notice that you will need picked up. And they won't do pick ups after 8PM at all! I honestly don't know what they cost but it's not worth it. Around here if you are drinking you better find a friend to drive... Or you're stuck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• When people choose to drive drunk they are risking so much more then just money. Money's just a piece of paper when you get right down to it. My little brother was 18 when he found out the hard way, he killed his 16 year old girlfriend who he was so in love with. They planned to get married and had their whole lives planned out, right down to the furniture they were going to put in thier house. He was in a coma for 3 weeks and no one thought he would survive, and there was another guy that got hurt in the crash too. I hope he doesn't think it's fun to get kids drunk any more. Any how, my brother spent 7 years in prison and has been out of jail for a year and a half, he's having a hard time finding a job because he's a felon, he's living at home with mom and dad because the nightmares are to bad to wake up alone.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008