is today the day???

Ok so im patiently waiting for my dog to have her puppies. I dont know her due date because i just learned she was pregnant and cant remember when her period was. my question is what are some signs a dog will be going into labor. this morning she ignored her breakfast and barely touched it, she vomited before my husband left for work and when she pooped it wasnt as hard as it usually almost kind of loose....any ideas. could today be the day??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pets

• She will start nesting, preparing an area to deliver. She will act lazy, and when she starts panting you are really close. Enjoy...it's an amazing thing to experience!
    Mommy2Dallas731

Answer by Mommy2Dallas731 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i cant even get her to get up of the floror! the past few days shes been lazy but not like this. and shes being really clingy like always needing to be right where i am.......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Sounds like good signs.
    Mommy2Dallas731

Answer by Mommy2Dallas731 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• When dogs get ready they do a LOT of digging (nesting) they will also start breathing and/or panting hard. The dog may try to hide, or find a nice quite place to do this. If your dog is crate trained, she may spend a lot of time in her crate. I used to breed dogs, and mine almost always had their pups either at night or ealy in the am/pm.
    Your dog will also start to discharge fluid and you may notice her cleaning her back-end alot.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

• LOL. My dog didn't do ANY of that. I kept watching and waiting. Then one night I thought I heard something strange and I jumped up to flip on the light (thank God I went off the end of my bed and not the side!) and there was my dog having her puppies right next to my bed on the top blanket off my bed (hot night) and the clothes I wore that day! She didn't try to hide or anything! I think they are like women, all different and no way to know for sure! Good luck! Puppies were fun once......I don't EVER want to do them again!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• If you have an extra thermometer you can start taking her temperature. I don't remember what normal is, but it will drop a day before by three degrees. My dogs temp did, but google it, I'm sure you can find out the accurate degree
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• my dog would hide underneith my sisters bed all day long right before she'd go into labor, and she'd pant ALOT and wouldnt touch her food.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• once her temp drops to 98 or 99 she should have them within 24 hours.She should be feeding puppy food until all her pups are weaned ( dogs should be put on puppy food 3 weeks before due date) Come and join my animal group and look at the info. I already have posted

The Animal Den

SherriX2

Answer by SherriX2 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2008