Why do some people use foundation under eye shadow? I saw this on youtube.

does it make the application easier smoother or stay on longer?

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 10:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• For me, it seems to 'set' the eye shadow. It goes on smoothly and lasts longer.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yea and it keeps your eye lids from looking oily so much throughout the day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I do it b/c it helps my shadow stay on longer, and I don't like "eye primer". I know it sounds crazy... but try milk of magnesia. Seriously... use a cotton ball and apply a small amount all over your face before you put on any make-up. Don't put on so much that you look like a mime! Just little dabs. It will set your make-up for all day wear.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It helps the eye shadow stay longer and it helps prevent the creases of shadow on your eyelids.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 11:01 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It's commonly used as a base. It doesn't prevent creasing as well as a primer but it does hold your shadow and it's seemingly easy to blend. HTH
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 2:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I put on foundation and than set it with a loose powder and than apply my eyeshadow. it NEVER creases and looks the same at night as it did in the morning.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2008