39 weeks and havnt lost mucus plug or having contractions. nothing!! will labor ever start?

i am also going number 2 quite often. and she is still very active...will things get started soon? im due on the 12th of this month.

MAMADRAMA22

Asked by MAMADRAMA22 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You're not even due yet. And a due date is just a guess - you can go up to 2 weeks each way - you could be pregnant for 3+ weeks yet. Yes, eventually, labor will start. Let baby finish "cooking".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2011

• I didn't either, not even at 40 weeks. The baby will come out when the baby is ready to come out! As long as you still feel movement, don't be concerned.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2011

• okay thank you. lol. its just the last week is soo hard to deal with.
    MAMADRAMA22

Comment by MAMADRAMA22 (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2011

• I agree- I know it's SO hard at this point, but hang in there. "Due dates" are really a rough estimate. Babies come when they're ready (rarely in line with when Mama is ready!). Try to take your mind off of it the best you can, go walking, get a pedicure, etc. Try not to focus too much on labor. it'll sneak up on you when the time is right!

baby dust

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2011

• I am willing to bet you are 'done in the next 1-3 weeks TOPS! :0) almost there!!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2011

• haha i sure hope so! thank you ladies
    MAMADRAMA22

Comment by MAMADRAMA22 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2011

• :) I know its hard, but enjoy this while it lasts!!!! Get lots of rest, be lazy, play video games, bake, whatever your hobbies are! Because once baby comes you will get no sleep, have no time for yourself etc! Trust me...I just did this! My baby is 7 weeks, and I wish that I had just relaxed and hung out instead of stressed so much right before she was born! Savor the alone time! :) I had absoluty no contractions, no signs of labor or anything. I wasn't dilated or effaced at all. Then, one morning I woke up with contracts, went to the hospital that night, and my baby early the next morning. It will happen fast. Just because there are no signs now, doesn't mean it can't happen out of the blue. And it most likely will :) She was born 2 days past her due date. Good luck!!! Remember, sleep, play, and enjoy your baby free life while it lasts! Congrats!!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 5:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2011

• thanks. she is very low and i am only 1 cm dilated as of lastweek and 30% effaced. and she is VERY active. trying to stay busy helps but its always in the back of my mind of when this is going to finally happen
    MAMADRAMA22

Comment by MAMADRAMA22 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2011

• With my daughter I lost my plug at about 36 weeks. I didnt have my daughter til 41 weeks. Losing your plug is not a sign that labor will start soon. I never had contractions with her either until after my water broke on its own at home. With my son I had bh contraction for weeks. I had him at 40 weeks 1 day. I didnt lose my plug until I was in labor and at the hospital. There is no way to tell when labor will start until its already started. Hang in there, your baby will be here soon :)
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2011

• I know it doesn't feel that way now, but don't worry. In no time at all you'll be thinking...'Oh lord!!! This is what I was hoping for? What was I thinking????!!!???? Make it stop! Make it stop!!' LOL! We're all anxious for labor at the end...until it starts.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 6:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2011