Did/does breastfeeind really help you lose weight after the baby?

I have heard it will not only be the most healthy option for the baby but that it will also help burn up to an extra 600 calories a day....

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 11:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes. MOST people lose weight with it especially if they produce a lot of milk. The more milk your body is working to make the more calories you'll burn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Agreed, also it causes the uterus to contract and shrink back to normal size at a much faster rate.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 11:28 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I made tons of milk with my first, but I never lost any of the weight while bf'ing...
    GermanMami

Answer by GermanMami at 12:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• For me, yes. The weight melted off with my first baby. I lost the weight quickly with my second, but still had a little pot belly. Too bad breastfeeding can't tighten things up!
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• with my first i was 157 by the time i went into labor..6 weeks after i was down to 120 and i did breastfeed..w #2 it took me like almost 2 yrs
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i also gained 60lbs w both my kids
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2008