when should you bottle break you baby?

about bottle breaking

sweetamber

Asked by sweetamber at 10:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Many pediatricians encourage parents to begin introducing the cup when they introduce juice to their baby. This will probably occur somewhere around six to eight months. This doesn't mean that you need to stop breastfeeding or bottle feeding your baby, but it may help him make the eventual switch to using a cup exclusively if you begin at an early age.

While many pediatricians discourage bottle use after a baby reaches her first birthday, this should really be a personal decision based on your baby's needs. Keep in mind, however, that the longer your child uses a bottle, the tougher it may be to take that bottle away
    JeccaBug

Answer by JeccaBug at 11:18 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• The longer you wait the harder it is to take away. I took my daughter's away at 14 months and she didn't even notice but I introduced a sippy at 6 months old.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 11:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I broke my son of the bottle at a year old.
    amber_ledford07

Answer by amber_ledford07 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Most doctors recommend that the bottle should go by 1 year. I introduced both of my kids to the sippy cup at 5 months old. My daughter lost interest in the bottle at 10 months old. My son only gets one bottle a day but in 3 weeks when he turns 1 the bottle will be gone. The longer you wait the worse it is for everyone involved.
    HappyHomeMommy

Answer by HappyHomeMommy at 11:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2008