Do you make your own baby wipes?

I have been reading on how to make my own... Jesse is 1yrs old and has sever dry skin, reg wipes cause him to have major diaper rash... I found tons of ways to make them online.. Dose anyone else do this? Is it seem to be better?

HottMamaRossx2

Asked by HottMamaRossx2 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• I use just wet paper towels when I am out at church or somewhere that I don't have the wipes with me. When mine came down with a bad rash that is what worked best because there was no soap to irritate. You might try that instead of worrying about making the wipes if he is that sensitive.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 11:53 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• We do make our own wipes, but not for diaper changes. I use regular wipes for that, but keep the homemade wipes in the living room for little messes! And I like that you can make them whatever scent you like by using your babies baby wash!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I use cloth wipes and water, and it has worked very well for my son's super sensitive skin.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 12:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I too use paper towels with warm water when I run out of regular wipes. Works just the same.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 12:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Had I known how to, I sure as hell would have because it probably would have saved me a lot of $$$$$ lol

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yes I have in the past, I find a washcloth to be the best thing to use for sensitive skin though.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I used organic cotton wipe-shaped cloths (so they'd fit in one of those little plastic boxes to take in the diaper bag) and just used them with a bit of warm water. If he was really dirty, I'd use a bit of baby wash on the cloth too. Used ones would just go in the diaper pail & washed right in with the dirty diapers. The wipes were super easy & cheap to make, plus when I was done with them, I could continue to use them for household cleaning until they fell apart from so much use (just like the cloth diapers). Once they were scraps, into the compost heap they went (I don't use harsh cleaning chemicals either, so they were safe for composting).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2008