Do you think this is rude?

My Husbands sister asked me to watch her 2 kids... A 5 yr old and a 4 month old. I LOVE TO WATCH them. My daughter who is almost 3 loves to play with them and last night my husband and i got our daughter all excited to play. She was being so good because she wanted her cousin to see her new bed that santa brought. its a loft bed with a slide. She asked me last week to watch them today so i didnt make plans on my day off with my husband... Then this morning she text me at the last minute and said her mom will watch them. Now my daughter is gonna be upset and that makes me upset... I just think you shouldnt ask someone a week ahead and then they put there day off to the side...Is this rude or am i over reacting? She ruined my whole day! Ps: My husband has plans already too....ugh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I would be upset. I have learned not to tell my kids anything to get their hopes up. My daughters deadbeat bio sperm donar will tell me he is coming to see her and although she doesnt like him I used to give her a heads up, but most of the time he doesnt show so I dont even say anything anymore. She should have told you a few days ago so you could have made other fun plans for your DD.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• RUDE, RUDE, RUDE.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Call her back and say your daughter wants to play. She probably thinks she's doing you a favor by getting her mom to watch them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Her mom asked her for them and she said Ya take them.. i told her my girl wanted to play and she said well sorry my mom wants them.... whatever i guess
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My sister has done that to me more than once...and I was more upset about the way my daughter felt than reserving my schedule. My niece is one of the few kids my 3 year old really knows and looks forward to seeing so she gets completely excited when she knows she is going to see her and my sister likes to call an hour before hand or something to cancel...at times i've had to call and say "where are you" for her to tell me "oh she went with her dad" or "she went with mom".
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yes, that's definitely rude. That's why I never tell my kids something is going to happen until it's ready to happen. I hate to see the disappointment on their faces. If they never knew, no disappointment. Maybe you can take your daughter to the park or something to cheer her up?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2008