If you tried BBT temping and quit, did you really try?

Obviously, with every woman's situation being different, charting may indeed lack use for many (wildly irregular cycles, ovulation problems, on BC, infants needing attention throughout night/day, already pregnant, etc). However, I have noticed a handful of woman saying oh they tried it one or two months and it just didn't do a thing for them.
Healthy people without reproductive issues can naturally take months to conceive and all charting consists of is data entry. Of course you could fill in every blank with charting software, but you only need to take consistent temperatures and check your cervical fluid once a day.
So why do some people equate a month or two with actually "trying" to use charting?

Again, I understand it's not for everyone, but the excuse "didn't work" seems to be a cop-out for "I was too lazy".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• You're probably right. I have been doing it for 2 months and I'm already burned out with getting up at 5:30 am on weekends and off days. It's easy to get sick of it, that's for sure. I don't think you qualify as being able to say you tried if you gave up after 2 months, but I can definitely understand the desire to give it up.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 2:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I don't qualify for your scenario. I did it for more than 5 years before I quit. And yes, setting my alarm, carrying the paper, thermometer, etc. out of town for trips, watching my friends get pregnant was disconcerting. I wouldn't say I was too lazy. Nor judgemental. The doctor who told me to stop, said I should have stopped after 6 months when there was no sign of ovulation. (I was on clomid for 4 of those years.). This was over a decade ago. Now, the doctors hardly ever recommend charting, since there are blood tests in the lab that can determine the same things within hours. Does my response help you with understanding?
    misterri

Answer by misterri at 4:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I did try it for a few months, but i just couldn't get the hang of it. I would temp right as I got up in the morning, but I could chart them the right way or something. It was a really hard way to ttc for me.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2009