Subway-Do you eat it pregnant?

I want Subway today...I know, I know, I'm not supposed to eat deli meat but I just think a lot of that stuff is ridiculous. My mom ate deli meat, drank tea (with caffeine) and did pretty much what she wanted and I'm fine.

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 11:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I ate subway all the time with my 1st pregnancy and he came out just fine. and with this one I also eat it.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My dr. told me that most everything is fine in moderation.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• thank you! i always feel guilty if i eat it so i have only had it like 2 times the whole time and i'm at 29 wks now.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:58 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• what's wrong with subway or deli meat during pregnancy? i never heard of this before... i ate it through my last pregnancy, AND with this one and nothing bad has happened.... oh, and I drank one caffinated beverage each day!
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 12:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'm 25 weeks and I eat Subway all of the time. I have Gestational Diabetes an it satisfies without raising my blood sugar.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• mmmmm subway :) 32 weeks pregnant.... Thanks for the idea... I'm going to subway!
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 12:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'd never heard of the risks from deli meat during my first two pregnancies, so I didn't really stress much about it during my last one because it hadn't done me any damage in the first two.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I don't, but I'm pretty strict about my diet in pregnancy. I never wanted to take the risk of listeriosis, but Subway is always the first thing I ask for after delivering.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I eat deli meat occasionally, probably once a week. I think if it's a place you've been to before or a brand you've bought before, it's fine. I wouldn't eat any suspect meat, and in the first trimester I was very careful (and paranoid!) but now that I'm further along, I'll eat deli meat and drink caffeine.
    Anonymous

• im sure youll be just fine and baby too.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2008