how do i get my step daughter to help around the house

misslisa702

Asked by misslisa702 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• reward her. That doesn't mean buy her something either. Let her pick out a t.v. show that you all watch after dinner, or a game, or bake cookies or a special treat.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 11:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Tell her it is her responsibility to the family! And she does not have a choice or she will get privlages taken away.(If her age is 9 or older)if she is little yes work with the reward program.
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My mom always told me..Learn to play the 'game" ! You do for me,and help around the house, and I do for you. Everyone is happy.
    Scraplin

Answer by Scraplin at 5:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• 1. get her dad's support.
    2. then ask her if she thinks one 10 min chore per day is unreasonable.
    3. Pick one small easily-accomplishable thing early inthe day (not her room!) and ask her politely but loudly to do it. Ask for a reason why she cannot do it. Stick to this routine every day.Ask her if she prefers that you and dad give her no help or favors in return.
    InspiredWriting

Answer by InspiredWriting at 9:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• get dad involved, set up a list of things that need to be done by x date if there not done, take away her favorite things until it gets done. GET DAD INVOLVED.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• hahahahahaha= I haven't a clue but when you find out, let me know. My SD is 16.
    JuneL

Answer by JuneL at 6:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• If she lives with you or even staying for the summer then it is her responsibility. If she is just there for the weekend then she is responsible for her own mess. When my SK are here i use the reward system. I tell them to clean their own mess, then if they help with with the other stuff they can play the games or something like that.
    Angela_1974

Answer by Angela_1974 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2008