Anyone know any good wine?

My Dh and i want to buy some wine for our new years eve party but we dont know what is good. The last time we tried some we didnt like it. Anyone have any advice

kvaneyk

Asked by kvaneyk at 11:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Argentinian wine is usually my favorite (Red) usually the Malbec. Try Dona Paula Malbec its not expensive. For White my favorite is Sav. Blanc and the brand I always get is Geisen Sav Blanc from New Zealand's Marlborough country. Its so fruity and so good. Good luck!
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• But think about if you actually like Wine...and maybe get a book on how to taste wine. I bought a really nice one at William Sonoma.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Here is a description of the Geisen:
    Limpid, very pale, almost colorless; clean, very light, fruit, nectarine, plum, with grass and predominant gunflint, slate and mineral aromas; light, fairly pleasant, almost neutral,citrus, peach and grass, with more mineral than any other flavors; light body; balance is brisk, crisp and tart (excessive?); finish is long, clean, dry and tart. 13% alcohol. Fairly innocuous, wispy aromas and flavors are clean, but very tart and acidic. This might be a good choice to match with raw oysters. ($11)
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 12:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Here is a white you can get at almost any grocery store and its also very good and from the same region in New Zealand: Noblio Sav. Blanc:
    Clear, very pale green-gold color; big, complex, citrus, lemon, grapefruit, orange peel, nectarine, peach, gooseberry, herbs, green olive and acrid, aggressive, grassy, catbox aromas; clean, lively, pure, strong citrus fruit, lemon-lime, grapefruit, fresh mown grass, fennel and very bold, very minerally flavors (ammonia?); light body; sweet-tart, good balance (sour?); finishes crisp and clean, long and strong. 12% alcohol. "This IS Sauvignon Blanc," says Ron. "It's a party in a bottle," says Bob - bring the grilled pork loin with roasted garlic-cilantro-sage pesto, grilled asparagus spears and grilled fennel bulb slices! ($10) BEST BUY WEBSITE
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 12:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Anything by the company Barefoot! It is cheap and always very good! Oh and there is a wine called Fat Bastard which is good too! I recommend taking the menu item you are going to use and google it with wine pairings to get the best one for your meal :)
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Wa state and Cali wines are devine!!! We enjoy Pinot noirs(redder) and Pinot gris (lighter) Chateau St Michelle does a nice bunch of cheaper wines. Might I suggest maybe you ask each of your guests to bring one bottle each and then you can add meats, cheeses and fruit to try all your wines with? We love having wine tasting parties...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2008