Can someone please give me some advice as to how to get my 5 month old to sleep all night? She still wakes up 2 or 3 times during the night!!!!

Mandy1988

Asked by Mandy1988 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She may have her nights and days mixed up. Or shes napping too much during the day...
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 11:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• feed her more cereal or solids at night. helped my little one...her doc told me to do it
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Babies aren't made to sleep all night .
    Do you ALWAYS sleep all night ?
    Sometime between birth and the age of around 4 she'll begin sleeping the night , you can't force something when her little self isn't ready for it .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Is she waking up hungry or just waking? If she's waking up hungry, she needs to be fed.

Putting more solids in her stomach is probably not going to help. You're filling her stomach with fewer calories during the day, where either breastmilk or formula would have more calories, giving her what she is more likely to need to get through the night.

Some babies don't sleep through at her age. Some sleep through earlier...others sleep through later. I've yet to find a way to MAKE a kid sleep.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:53 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My son took a little while to make it through the night even eating cereal at night. We switched to huggies night time diapers and put an instrumental lullaby cd on repeat for him. We also didn't run in at the first sign of a cry and let him self soothe. Of course if the cries lasted too long or were real cries we would see about him. We got to a point were we wouldn't let him nap past 4 ot 5 in the evenings because he naturally wants to go down for the night at 7:30-8pm. It may just take her a few more months but it'll happen.
    2mommies4g

Answer by 2mommies4g at 12:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• She might be a little too young to expect that. For babies, sleeping 5 straight hrs is considered sleeping through the night. My 16 month old still wakes 2-3 times, and my 3 year old still wakes up once, every once in a while.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I hope someone has a great answer because my 5 month old gets up 4-6 times in a night! I don't sleep at all. He doesn't nap much during the day either!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• You may want to try a new product called the Magic Sleepsuit which helps babies sleep better. It can be found online
    Anonymous