I feed my 1 month old every 3 hrs...but I always change his diaper before I feed him...the problem is he spits up stomach acid when I lay him down to change him and he screams...whats wrong with him?

blaise9

Asked by blaise9 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you breastfeeding? He may lactosse intalerant...If you use formula, try changing it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Sounds like your little one may have issues with reflux. You should call your doctor and see what they think. Good luck.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 11:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I agree with the previous poster about reflux. My nephew did the same thing and would spit up his bottles. He had trouble gaining weight because of it. They switched him to soy formula and started with a rice cereal misture earlier. This helped. He's still much smaller than my son who is 2 months younger. He will be 2 in January and can still wear 12 month clothing. Tall and skinny. They also prescibed reflux medicine for him but it didn't help. Good luck. I know it isn't fun for you or the baby.
    2mommies4g

Answer by 2mommies4g at 12:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Sounds like reflux for sure. It can be managed. Talk to your doctor about Enfamil AR. It's a thickened formula that is specially designed for babies who spit up. Also, my son was prescribed Zantac, baby strength. It was a clear liquid I gave him every 6 or 12 hours, can't remember now. They may also suggest rice in his bottles. All of these items will signifcantly reduce the spit up. I also switched to Dr. Browns bottles, they don't allow that much air into the babies tummies and try frequently burping him. Hope this helps!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Take him to the dr and have him checked out for reflux
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• How do you know it's stomach acid? That sounds pretty nasty. I'd get off the computer and to the doctor!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• my son did that too.  my doctor said it was reflux and we were giving him zantec for it which did absolutely nothing.  i switched formulas and it fixed my problem. 

Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008